In The Know On Flow
A Note From Kevin Marsh
Several thousand industry professionals read this monthly newsletter, so it stands to reason that at least some of you are using flow meters other than ours. I get it. There are any number of reasons you may be using a competitor's flow meter, more often than not I suspect you inherited your instruments from someone who came before you. Regardless what flow meters you use I'll bet when you purchased them you didn't think about the ways you could eventually make data collection, reporting and sharing easier and more efficient. At Hach we've been spending a lot of time and resources doing just that.
Several years ago we introduced FSDATA - our cloud based data manager software. Despite being one of the most powerful and easy to use data management platforms in the industry we made the strategic decision to provide it to our customers free of charge. This year we also stopped charging customers for data hosting. Zero dollars. That means if you are using our wireless-enabled FL900 Series flow meters you get the following at no additional cost:
- Unlimited data storage on Hach's secure server
- Password protected 24/7 access to FSDATA - our powerful data management and reporting tool
- Remote programming of any of your wireless enabled Hach FL900 flow meters
- Easy-to-read map view dashboard indicates the operational status and location for all your meters
- Customized text and/or e-mail alerts to virtually any alarm condition you desire
- Shared secure access so you and your colleagues are always viewing the same data
- Remote software and firmware updates - your meters and software are always up to date with the latest improvements and feature enhancement
As you'll read below we recently launched FSDATA Desktop! One more (free) tool to make managing your flow meters easier. Exciting times!
Until next month...
Vice President - Flow Sales
Hach Company Flow Meter Products & Services