Sigma Model 940 Portable System
Sigma Model 940 Intrinsically Safe Area Velocity Flow Meter
The Sigma 940 Intrinsically-Safe Flow Meter supports dual sensors, interfaces with samplers, has a long battery life, and offers increased data storage and optional modem capability.
The Sigma 940 Flow Meter is the safest investment for your sewer and your budget. With the 940, remote monitoring becomes a way of life. Its rugged design, low-profile probes and long battery life significantly reduce site visits. Choose up to two area velocity sensors, or one area velocity and one level backup. Whether you're experiencing redundancy in a single pipe or level and velocity in separate pipes, you'll profit from new performance levels in a single meter.
Industry standard MODBUS ASCII protocol has been incorporated into the Sigma 940 Flow Meter. The implementation of the MODBUS protocol will allow your MMI, SCADA or DCS system to directly communicate with the 940 Flow Meter without the use (or additional cost) of a PLC. Now you can have real-time, read-only access to all available data channels in the 940 Flow Meter.
System Benefits Include:
- CSA-NRTL/C DEMKO listed and certified for operation in Class I, Division I, Groups C & D hazardous locations.
- Multiple sensors for redundancy, averaging and multiple pipe monitoring.
- Telephone and pager alarms for quick notification of system changes.
- Low power draw, with a long, one-year battery life; meter will typically operate for 330 days.
- NEMA 6P sealed to withstand submergence and prolonged surcharge conditions.
- Sampler pacing capabilities, to document the extent of overflow problems.
- Advanced, ultrasonic one-MHz Doppler technology avoids signal dropouts and ensures high levels of accuracy in low-flow, full-pipe or reversed-flow conditions, without the need for on-site calibration.
- A higher level of accuracy: the 940 automatically corrects the effects of temperature on level measurement.
- Patented Drawdown Correction feature corrects the effects of velocity on accurate level measurement.
Ideal Applications include:
- Long Term Flow Monitoring in Hazardous or Potentially Hazardous Areas
- Sanitary Sewer Evaluation Studies
- CSO Studies and Monitoring